Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 1/2 lbs ground pork
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 lb ground lamb (or ground pork if you can’t find lamb)
4 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbl Vegeta (a Serbian jarred spice mix, optional)
1. Pre-heat your grill (if using)
2. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix with your hands until well combined.
3. Roll into rectangular mini sausages, 3″ long and 3/4″ in wide.
4. Place all of the chevapi in a single layer in a disposable foil baking pan and place onto your preheated grill on med-high heat. You can also cook these on a griddle, or in a large frying pan in a couple of batches (try to cook them all at once though, because it takes a bit of time). Turn the chevapi about every 7 or 8 minutes, once that side is well browned and has a slight crust. Be careful not to over cook though.
Note: These are fantastic on there own, but equally good dipped into ketchup or tzatziki sauce. Bo likes to load a bunch into a bun sometimes too for a sand which of sorts.
Make Ahead: After you’ve formed the chevapi you and just wrap them as a batch in plastic wrap, then put them in a zip-lock bag and freeze them for later. I like to do this on a weekend, make a huge batch of them then just pop them out of the freezer whenever we want!
This is the easiest way to make brilliant little toasts to accompany a dinner
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bakes Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6 – 8
1 baguette or Parisian loaf
Fleur de sel (or sea salt)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
2. Slice your baguette into 3/8″ think (1cm) slices and place on a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet
3. Drizzle lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt.
4. Bake for 10 minutes and removing from the baking sheet immediately.
Let me know below!