Breakfast Loafs (aka Breakfast Muffins)
I got the idea for this one last week from a poster on the bump. I couldn’t find a recipe on-line, so I had to wing it, but was pleasantly surprised! This is another Oliver approved breakfast!
- 1 box of chicken stove-top stuffing mix
- 1 pkg of frozen sausage mixture (it comes in a tube, no casing)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp old bay seasoning
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 green onion, diced thinly (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease (hello Pam) a mini loaf tin pan or large muffin tin pan.
- Make the stuffing as per the box directions. While the stuffing is resting, brown the sausage in a medium fry pan over med-high heat along with the Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, old bay seasoning and pepper. Remove the cooked sausage from the pan and drain any excess fat.
- In each loaf pan, place ¼ cup of the stuffing mixture, then top with ¼ cup of sausage. Crack an egg into 4 of the loaf pans and sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper on top of the egg. Top each of the loafs with some grated cheddar cheese diced green onion.
- Tent with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil, poke the egg yolks (if you don’t want them runny), and continue to bake for 5 more minutes, or until the eggs are completely cooked and the cheese is melted.
- NOTE: Feel free to crack an egg on each of the loafs. With the egg, one loaf is a large enough serving for someone, as long as there’s some fruit or something on the side. We each ate 1 loaf with egg, and 1 loaf without.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 18Protein: 4g