Sick days with Oliver aren’t exactly my idea of a sick day. My perfect sick day would break down like this:
- 90% spent on the couch watching early Tom Hanks movies
- 5% spent eating orange sherbet and drinking ginger ale
- 5% sleeping
Oliver’s breaks down like this:
- 5% spent on the couch, kind of resting, watching Ice Age
- 5% eating a few bites of hot dog and some cheese
- 90% running around the house like a maniac
On this particular day, a couple of weeks ago now, Oliver was on day 4 of a fever and despite my best efforts to get him to calm down, he refused. All Anna wanted was some piece and quiet so that she could play on her mat.
Mommy, what’s Oliver doing?
Is that a wrench?
Mommy, did Oliver just come at us with a wrench?
WTH is wrong with boys Mommy?
I’m outta here!
Damn it. I still can’t crawl.
Now he`s after us with lions Mommy, look out!
All was fun and games until the lions tried to attack Mommy`s camera. That`s when Mommy put her foot down.
Don`t worry Anna! Mommy caged the wild boy child into his lunch chair.
Anna! More great news! The wild boy child has retired to the couch to watch movies. We`re free!
Are you sure Mommy?
I thinks so Anna!
Phew! Now I can let loose a little…
Laugh a little…
Roll around a little…
Sorry Anna, that`s probably all the time we`re going to get today, lol