These really need a better name. Suggestions welcome.
I had a horrific craving for something chocolaty. Snacky. Whatever. I had a craving for something sweet after dinner and I was only willing to devote ten minutes to making them. Needless to say, I didn’t have high hopes for whatever concoction I was going to come up with.
Then I tasted these, and I was blown away.
I was worried that maybe it was just my hunger making me think they were this good.
So I made Oliver try them. He loved them too. But then I worried that he only liked them because, you know, he’s 2.
So I made Bo try them. And he liked them too.
It was at this moment I knew I had stumbled onto something great! Bo doesn’t like anything sweet. This is a big deal.
Because I was only willing to give ten minutes to them, there are no in progress pics, but that’s ok because they’re really simple to make. I just didn’t want to wait to post this and forget about them.
Here’s what you’ll be making:
Here’s Oliver sneaking in for another one
Here’s the printable:
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Balls
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp strong brewed coffee
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- icing sugar for dusting
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the cocoa powder, coffee and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add the oats and beat until combined.
- Roll into 40 balls. I used a ½ tablespoon to scoop out the "dough", then pressed into a rough circle in my hand. The mixture is very wet and sticky, be prepared for messy hands.
- Roll around in the icing sugar and set on foil.
- NOTE: These can be refrigerated to firm up, or just left on the counter for 30 minutes. I didn't do either though, I just dug right into them.