This is one of the easiest chicken dinners that I make, and it also happens to be one of Bo’s favourites. Writing it out for you is probably going to take me three times as long to do as getting this dinner in the oven, and I’ve only got 15 minutes to spare right now.
It’s a really basic recipe. Take some boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Toss them around in a bowl with some sauce and spices, put them on a baking sheet, and toss them in the oven. Seriously, that’s it. It’s a nice and easy way to get a bit of bbq flavour in the middle of a Canadian winter too. Or spring. Or fall. Seriously, when the hell is Summer going to get here? I’m tired of being cold while bbq’ing.
One warning. This recipe is really a non recipe. Amounts and guidelines, squirts and dashes. If you are like I was five years ago the prospect of not following a recipe is terrifying. Don’t be scared, this is a great place to start throwing that ideology out the window.
Step one is to put everything in a bowl. The boneless, skinless chicken thighs (this package had nine). Enough bbq sauce to give them a medium coat after tossing, a squirt of honey, and some salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley, and garlic salt. Use a wooden spoon to toss everything up until evenly covered.
Now just lay the chicken thighs onto a baking sheet. The bast way to do this is to cover the sheet with tinfoil (makes clean up WAY easier), then put a cooling rack on top. This way the chicken doesn’t sit in the fat while it cooks, but you don’t have to do this, baking them right on the sheet or foil works fine too. Pop this baby into the oven for 20 minutes. That’s it, 20 minutes at 400℉ and you’re done. That’s barely enough time for me to throw together a salad and get the dirt washed off the kids face.
And here they are, fresh out of the oven. I like to baste on a bit more bbq sauce and throw them under the broiler for a couple of seconds too.
Here’s your printable. Remember, amounts are just general, go where your taste propels you.
- 1 package of boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 9 thighs)
- ½ cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF with a rack in the middle position. line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up, and place an oven safe cooling rack on it if you have one.
- In a large bowl toss all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon until the chicken has a decent coating on it.
- Lay the chicken thighs out flat onto your baking sheet (or cooling rack if using one). Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Baste with additional bbq sauce and place under the broiler until just starting the bubble.
Remember, the above amounts are just generalizations. Add to your own taste, and don't be afraid to experiment.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 0g Protein: 0g