This Black Forest Cake Trifle is one of the quickest and easiest cakes you can whip up. All you need is a box of cake mix, cherry pie filling, and some whip cream to WOW everyone at the table in a matter of minutes. Happy Holidays indeed!
I am a sucker for an easy dessert (I mean really, who isn’t). When that sweet tooth hits in the middle of the day and must be satisfied, this is the one to turn to. With the holidays right around the corner, it makes for a stunning and delicious way to finish a heavy meal (or just to surprise everyone at the office with). When it’s this easy to make, you’ll want to bring it everywhere!
Want to make a Chocolate Caramel Crunch Trifle instead?
I used a can of my go-to whipped cream from Gay Lea, but if you want another AMAZING idea for a trifle: pick up their limited edition Dark Chocolate Caramel whipped cream, only available through December. Swap out the cherry pie filling for some drizzles of caramel ice-cream topping and a few generous sprinkles of toffee bits and you’ve got yourself a Chocolate Caramel Crunch Trifle. I KNOW!! You’re day just got even more amazing!
Speaking of the holidays, my friends at Gay Lea Foods would’t let the season pass without a little present for you too. They’re running an AMAZING 24 Days of Cookies contest, where you can win a fresh baked batch of cookies delivered straight to your door (and you get to enter every day, so that’s 24 chances to win some yumminess!).
Even more amazing though? Everyone that opens a cookie door gets entered to win the grand prize consisting of:
· one (1) KITCHENAID® Architect Stand Mixer
· one (1) KITCHENAID® 5 Piece Bakeware
· one (1) LE CREUSET® Stackable Ramekin
· one (1) KITCHENAID® Stainless Steel Utility Whisk
· one (1) KITCHENAID® Three-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
· and one (1) KITCHENAID® Scraper Spatula”
Happy Holidays everyone! May your days be full of love and laughter, and your nights enjoyed with delicious treats!
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 tin cherry pie filling
- 1 bottle of whipped cream (I use Gay Lea)
- Maraschino cherries for topping (optional)
- Shaved chocolate for topping (optional
- Follow the directions for the chocolate cake, bake it, and let cool completely.
- Slice the cake into cubes. Lay 1/3 of the cake cubes in the bottom of a trifle dish. Top with half a can of cherry pie filling, then a layer of whipped cream. Repeat.
- Put the last layer of cake on top, followed by one more layer of whipped cream. Top with maraschino cherries and shaved chocolate.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with Gay Lea and I received Compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.