This is one of those cookie bars that you’ve probably all had, but maybe you’ve never made yourself. Well, surprise, they only take about 5 minutes to throw together, then 25 to bake. So, the next time you get that phone call from your sister/aunt/mother/friend that you’re invited to a party and bring a dessert, then the day arrives and you’re like “Oh crap, I was supposed to bring a dessert”, you don’t have to stop at the grocery store to pick up a carton of stale mini donuts.
I didn’t take pictures during the act, I actually made these at 10pm one night when I was still pregnant and craving something with chocolate and nuts.
On that note, please ignore how many of the squares are missing from the pan when I did actually get around to taking the picture the next day.
Quick rundown: Mix together a crust of butter, sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Press them into the pan, top with sweetened condensed milk, then press chocolate chips, coconut and nuts into the condensed milk and bake. Yep, that’s it.
Here’s your printable:
5 Minute Cookie Bars
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 2½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat your oven to 350ºF and grease a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix together the graham crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press into the baking dish. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the crumbs, using a spatula to spread into an even layer. Sprinkle on the coconut, chocolate chips and nuts, and lightly press into the condensed milk.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove to a cooking rack and cool completely before cutting. Store covered at room temperature.
Let me know below!