This is a family favourite recipe, one that my Mom made all the time when I was growing up, and that the kids and I still absolutely love. The best part: it literally takes 5 minutes or less to throw together with things you can keep on hand in your pantry. It does need to set up in the fridge for a solid 24 hours, but for company, I kinda like that. It means that on the day of, there’s one less thing for me to worry about. It’s awesome for a summer BBQ too, it’s got the perfect combination of sweet and tart to be refreshing on a hot day.
There, you’ve now spent more time reading about it, then it’ll actually take you to make it!
- 1 (9") store bought graham cracker pie crust (sometimes I use shortbread instead)
- 1 can (19oz) crushed pineapple, drained REALLY well (most important to get the pie to set)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Cool Whip topping to decorate after set (optional, but highly recommended)
- sliced fresh limes or kiwis to decorate after set (optional)
- In a medium bowl mix together the drained pineapple, condensed milk, and lime juice until well combined.
- Pour into the pie crust. Place in the fridge and let set for 24 hours.
- Decorate with Cool Whip and sliced fruit if using.