Some nights (ok, most nights), nothing can beat a super easy dinner that’s waiting for you when you get home. These steak fajitas do it for me every time (plus, you can swap the meat for chicken or pork, whatever you have on hand or feel like!). This night I choose steak with my sweet BBQ seasoning.
The pictures aren’t the prettiest this time around, but I made it on Anna’s dance night, and last minute realized that I really should have this one up for everyone to enjoy!
I like to make my 5 minute fresh salsa to put on the fajitas, and other that that it’s just cheese, lettuce, and sour cream. You can totally just use another jar of salsa though too, we are trying to keep this easy after all!
I also make my own fajita and BBQ style seasonings and just keep them in the cupboard. I’ll include the recipes for those in the notes below, but store bought works just as well!
- 1 jar salsa
- 2 lbs flank steak, sliced thinly (or chicken or pork)
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 tbsp fajita or bbq seasoning (homemade recipe below, store bought works great too!)
- tortillas, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, etc. for serving
- Put the jar of salsa in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with the onion, peppers, and fajita seasoning. Add the flank steak, then give it all a quick toss to mix.
- Put the lid on and cook for 4 to 6 hours on low heat, or 6 to 8 hours on high heat.
- Serve with additional salsa, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, tortillas, and anything else you like
Homemade Fajita Seasoning:
1 tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Homemade Sweet BBQ Seasoning:
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp white sugar
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp cuman
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground allspice
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 6 - 8 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 31Total Fat: 1gCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 3g