Tonight was one of those horrible nights. I’m going to go ahead and assume that everyone has them, so please, don’t feel the need to correct me. Anna and Oliver both got shots today, Anna’s first set, and she was not happy about it. At all. The tylenol didn’t help her at all and while Oliver napped I sat rocking a screaming baby for over two and a half hours.
It’s garbage night too. And I really hate garbage night.
My options for dinner (meaning the only meat left in the fridge) were two boneless skinless chicken breasts and a whole chicken. What I didn’t have was two hours to roast a bird. I had five minutes to get something into the oven to give me the time to finish gathering the garbage and still have dinner on the table in 40 minutes when Bo walked in the door.
And so was born the insanely easy garlic parmesan chicken bake. It was delicious. Bo suggested it as an alternative to his favorite meal, chicken parmigiana. That is a huge deal. So make this. Make it tonight, or tomorrow night. Then make it again when you’re in a time crunch. Make when you want to impress some company too. It was that great.
Quick note: On the advice of my cousin, I’m upping the amount of parmesan and breadcrumbs. When I made this, I only used two chicken breasts, and the original amount isn’t enough to have a good crunchy crust for four of them. Thanks Jen!
Get your olive oil and garlic is one dish, and equal parts parmesan cheese and Italian style bread crumbs in another.
Mix them both up.
Roll the chicken breasts around in the garlic oil first, then in the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure you get the garlic oil and breadcrumbs in all the little nooks and crannies of the chicken.
Bake it in the oven for 40 minutes and BAM, delicious chicken is yours for the eating.
Here’s the printable, but you should really have this memorized:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tsp garlic, diced (about 8 cloves)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF
- Mix together the olive oil and garlic in one dish, and the parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs in a second dish. Roll the chicken in the oil mixture, and then in the breadcrumbs, ensuring that it is well coated each time.
- Place chicken breasts on a wire rack set on top of a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, until the chicken reaches 180ºF.