When I sit down and start planning out a party, the first thing I always write on my food list is “feta dip”. This recipe came from my Mom, and it has become a staple at my house whenever we have a bunch of people over, and maybe a few times throughout the year just because I want it. The tanginess and saltiness of feta is cut with a bit of mayo and cream cheese, then kicked up again with a generous hit of garlic. It’s got just the right amount of herbs added in to have people guessing, and to keep them coming back again and again for more. This is usually the first thing gone (next to my Gone in a Blink Nacho Dip), and the one I get the most requests for the recipe of.
I love having dips at parties, and usually have at least a feta dip, nacho dip, and bruschetta. I like that people can just walk by the table, scoop up a bit of something, and keep talking with everyone else. I don’t want people to feel like they always have to carry a little plate around with them to enjoy everything. I serve this with rice crackers (just original flavour), but it will go with just about any kind you like.
Anna getting the first crack at the dip at Sophie’s first birthday
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or miracle whip, whatever you prefer)
- ½ block cream cheese (equals ½ cup)
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (Tre Stelle, or other brand of your choice)
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp dill
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced (add to your taste, start with 1 and adjust)
- Mix all items together, either with a hand mixer, or in a food processor.
- Serve chilled with rice crackers, or any other type that you enjoy.
- NOTE: If not serving right away cover tightly with plastic wrap, or store in an airtight container, and keep chilled. Will last in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Disclosure: This post is created in partnership with Tre Stelle cheeses. All opinions and recipes are my own, and items used are those that I have selected and typically use.