This is another throw back post to one of my favorite salads of all time. It’s just so “Summer” in every bite, and seeing as I had snow on my lawn last week, I’m desperate for a reminder. It’s just a few simple ingredients: sweet melon, salty prosciutto, mild bocconcini, fresh mint, and a squeeze of tart lemon juice. That, along with a few cracks of salt and pepper, and you have a stunning looking bowl that’s delicious and healthy for you.
Keep this in your back pocket the next time you have a BBQ to bring something to!
My week has already been crazy and hectic. Bo and I decided last minute that our sad little bedroom was finally going to look like a grown-ups (bye bye Ikea, hello new bed and mattress) <- Saying this is kinda hilarious as I’m going to Ikea today looking for new curtains for the same bedroom, lol.
So I’m trying to quickly, and as close to free as possible, redo the entire room, because why not. On that note, if anyone has some decade old fence boards that look like weathered crap – I need about 50 of them, I have a vision for a wall, lol. What I’m trying to tell you is that blogging is a little slow this week while I’m working on that, and some new photography props, to try and step up my blogging game for you all a little bit. Next week will be better, and next month I’ll be participating in #NABLOPOBO, which is really just a quick daily blog post (yep, daily, I’m going to be busy), with a photography theme each day that will help you get to know me. These will be on top of the recipe posts, so May is going to be busy!
I’m really going to need a bowl of this salad today to refresh, lol
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- 2 cups bocconcini cheese (cocktail size works best, or cut into bit size pieces)
- 3 slices prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- Juice of half a lemon, freshly squeezed
- Coarse salt, to taste (like fleur de sel, or fresh cracked sea salt)
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Remove the seeds from the cantaloupe, then scoop the flesh into 1" balls with a melon baller (or cut into bite size pieces). You should have about three cups worth.
- In a large bowl, combine the melon balls, bocconcini cheese, cut prosciutto, and torn mint leafs. Add the fresh squeezed lemon juice, and long with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the salad, and serve immediately.
- If bringing to a party, squeeze the lemon juice on when you arrive and give it a toss.